Monday, May 23, 2011

Eh by gum, it's windy out here today

On Sunday the wind picked up and started to blow our trees and pot plants around our garden.  Cycling in through Green Park today and there's large amount of detris in the car parks along the Mall.  Seriously big sticks as well - like big enough to buckle a wheel and cause an involuntary dismount if you ran over one extra large lump lying on the pavement.  Lots of dried seeds and tree flotsam in the gutters too.  We do need a big thunder storm to wash this rubbish away, and soon (maybe tonight, maybe).

Face mask is therefore a totally inspired decision.  Not only does it keep the obvious rubbish out of my lungs, but I feel that I'm not sucking in so much of the car fumes that I'm oxygen poor by the time I reach my destination.

Coming home and the wind was even stronger; a couple of times it felt like I was about to be blown into the Thames!

That's another 40km chalked off this week - I'm aiming for three consecutive rides totalling 120km this week and then a weekend excursion of around 70km to get myself into the swing of being on the road.

No comments: