Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Man flu stops training

Struck down with sniveling cold symptoms.  Blocked nose, headache and general lethargy.  Sounds like business as usual for most blokes.

Did 35 km on Saturday thinking this would shift the problem.  It didn't.  So this week I've not cycled to work and feel distinctly rubbish.

Hopefully this represents just a minor blip in my training for the ride to Paris.

Did 75km out and back to Amersham the weekend before.  Discovered you really do need those energy bars when you hit the wall around the hour mark.

Am now using Map My Ride via the Blackberry to record my training.  It's easier than trying to note down times and distances via the computer on the bike.  For some reason the app thinks I weigh 220kg.  This is great for pretending I'm burning more calories than I'm eating.  I like the altitude tracking on the site and there's lots of ideas for rides of the daily distance I'll be doing, so I'm finding it very helpful.

No comments: